You have just planned a week-long holiday at one of the hottest destinations around the country, Tamil Nadu. Traveling from Delhi to Chennai can be an easy task since there are a lot of flights available on this busy air route. You and your family are very excited, and look up the Delhi to Chennai flights schedule to get the best deal for the ticket price. Once you have finalized on that, you turn towards packing your luggage. This is the hard part, though. The airports charge a hefty fee if your luggage exceeds the maximum allowed luggage weight. You are in a fix, you cannot ask your wife to pack lesser, nor can you ask your kid to leave behind her favorite piece of clothing at home. You will have to carry your formals and boots. In order to avoid paying less at the airport for excess baggage, a few tips in this article will definitely come handy.
- Be prepared to wear extra layers of clothes – In case you have to carry some jackets along with you, or extra shirts, try wearing them while entering the airport. Nobody can say anything for this, ask your children to wear all the warm clothing that is necessary. In case you are carrying both boots and slippers, wear the heavier boot so that the check-in luggage is much lighter than expected. People will be annoyed having paid so much excess fee, and they look at you with such a mind-blowing idea.
- Try stuffing the backpack instead of the suitcase – The airport staff generally assumes that your backpack is very light and generally do not take the weight measures of that. You could keep all your heavy equipment on the backpack. Store only clothes and other lighter items in the suitcase. This is some hack that many people use.
- Stuff your pockets! – Try and insert all the heavy wallets and cameras in your packets than in your suitcase. Your jars of food, perfumes, etc. could be a perfect fit in the pocket.
- Buy items at your destination – Travel light, buy whatever you need at your destination. Smart people generally carry just half the stuff required and end up buying the rest at the destination. As soon as you reach Chennai, you could buy your toilet kit items and your light less expensive clothing.
- Perhaps the best of the lot, buy yourself a luggage scale at home – This is a perfect way to ensure you can carry whatever you want under the maximum allowable luggage limit so that you need not end up paying extra. In case your luggage is already overweight, you could sit down and remove all the unnecessary items you have packed. You can leave all the useless stuff at home itself.
- Split your luggage – In case you know your fellow travelers as friends or as relatives, and assuming they are traveling light, you could give some of your luggage to them to carry so that you do not have to end up paying a hefty fee at the airport for excess baggage.
It is advised that you look up the baggage policy of the airline you are traveling in. This will ensure you have left no stone unturned and a hassle-free experience at the airport.